Finished. I’m finally finished. Well, I’m almost finished. I have been working with Mr. Bender, the music teacher at my daughter’s school, to purchase guitars for their guitar program. After months trying to raise the money, Mr. Bender called and said they had the funds and were ready to move forward. Great news!
I spoke with my vendor and asked for new quotes to make sure the pricing hadn’t changed in the many months since we started the project. The vendor let me know the pricing would be the same and they had the guitars in stock. The next day I ordered the guitars when I received the purchase order and a few days later they arrived. Thirty, 1/2 size classical guitars entered my shop on a pallet. They didn’t actually enter my shop, because my shop is only 100 square feet and filled with benches, tools and repairs. They entered the hall outside my shop. So for the last two days I have been moving the guitars in and out of my shop to check them over and get them up to speed if necessary and then back out again. Each night I moved the five large boxes in which they arrived into my shop for safety.
Today I finished checking the last guitar. I averaged about 20 minutes per guitar, unpacking, checking, adjusting and repacking each guitar. So 30 guitars puts me somewhere around 10 hours of work I donated to the cause in addition to any profit I would have seen from the sale. If it turns one kid onto music it will be worth it.